Sunday 15 January 2017

On The Road

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm moving from Hobart, Tasmania to Townsville, Queensland. That's 3317 kms and we're doing it by road. I'm not much of a happy road tripper but it has been fascinating to travel through a variety of climates and landscapes from the south to the north of Australia. Hard to believe it's actually the same country!
I guess one of the advantages of travel is the visual inspiration  available if one is looking out for it. I believe as an artist it is crucial to take advantage of sights and experiences which may not be available at home surroundings. You never know when an exotic leaf, flower, sky colour, ambient light or animal might inspire a new idea or direction in your artwork. So I keep my eyes peeled and my camera (iPhone!) ready...

Here are some images I've snapped along the way.








Cheers,

Deb x
deborahotooletextileartist.com





No comments:

Post a Comment